What information Newtown Hand Therapy collects and holds
Newtown Hand Therapy will need to collect your Personal Information in order to provide clinical services for you.
Personal Information includes, but is not limited to, the following:
• Names, addresses and contact details
• Private health care details (where available)
• Medical information including medical history, medications, allergies, social history, family history
How NHT collects your Personal InformationNewtown Hand Therapy may collect your Personal Information in a number of ways including:
• Directly from you with the information you provide on the NHT 'Personal Details & Consent' Form
• During the course of providing clinical services
• From your guardian or responsible person (when applicable)
• From other involved healthcare specialists involved in your care
How NHT holds your Personal InformationNewtown Hand Therapy may store your Personal Information via:
• Paper records which are shredded after scanned to Electronic Format
• Electronic Format (via Cliniko encrypted software) More information at http://www.cliniko.com/security
• As visual - X-rays, CT scans, clinical videos and clinical photographs
• Clinical photographs are taken for your clinical file. Separate consent is requested for clinical photographs
Clinical photographs may be used for educational purposes, and in this case you would remain completely anonymous and not be identifiable.
Refusal to consent to photographs or using photographs for educational purposes will not adversely impact your treatment.
When NHT discloses your Personal InformationNewtown Hand Therapy may disclose your Personal Identification :
• to your authorised representative or advisers. or otherwise when you ask NHT to do so
• to other Health Professionals involved in your care e.g. General Practitioner, Specialist, other Allied Health Professionals
• when there is a statutory requirement for NHT to do so. In these circumstances, Newtown Hand Therapy will notify you this is the case e.g. Insurance Company in compensable cases
How you can access any of your Personal Information held by NHT or make a privacy complaint
If you wish to access any of your Personal Information held by Newtown Hand Therapy, to correct or update your details, please contact Newtown Hand Therapy on (02) 9519-4537 or via email at email@example.com.
You may use these contact details if you have concerns that your privacy has been breached, or if you believe Newtown Hand Therapy has failed to comply with the Australian Privacy Principles (APP). Newtown Hand Therapy is committed to acknowledging your complaint in a prompt manner and will give you an estimated timeframe for a response to the complaint. If you are not satisfied with the response, you may also wish to contact the relevant regulator such as the Australian Information Commissioner (www.oaic.gov.au)